Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter

Hire Paid Forum Posters

ForumPosters is a marketplace for forum posting services and hiring paid forum posters.

Create a Free Account

What's your best tip for running a community?

What's your best tip for running a community?
10-18-2020, 08:27 PM #1
Share your best tip when it comes to running an online community.

10-22-2020, 01:40 AM #2
I know only one trick. No matter what happens, keep going. It is very easy to get bored running a community. But don't give up, because if you go on, things might really change positively.
bomb likes this post

10-23-2020, 05:49 PM #3
Set a good example for your members & staff team, get stuck in, and join in on some discussions. Don't give up and keep promoting your webpage on social media too. This is the best tip I can give for running a community.
bomb likes this post

11-03-2020, 06:24 PM #4
(10-18-2020, 08:27 PM)Randy Wrote: Share your best tip when it comes to running an online community.
(10-22-2020, 01:40 AM)Discover Wrote: I know only one trick. No matter what happens, keep going. It is very easy to get bored running a community. But don't give up, because if you go on, things might really change positively.
Very true. And that is well said. Building a forum in the 21st Century is very complicated compared to the 19th century. The mainstream social media has hit on forums hard. But forums are not dead yet! Actually, they're immortal, they have a longer lifespan compared to social media. 

My additional tip, that I am still working on is Forum SEO. This is lacking in very many communities. 
I realized, just like WordPress blogs, forums need extensive Keyword research. Actually, there is a need for special SEO tailored towards forums only. 

I had to put my forums on a halt, as I study SEO in-depth. Many of us are running boards as a hobby or a pass time. But at some point, bills come in. Therefore there is a need to monetize forums. 
I will do a special post on forum SEO, especially keyword research, and stirring the board's discussions in the right direction. That is what is lacking in many community managers. 
Just like other websites, forums need organic traffic. 
Where do we get his traffic? Google!
How do you get organic traffic from Google?
Well, from organic keywords! 
Therefore, you need to target the right keywords on your forum, else you will be talking to yourself or every long time. :-)